Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend!

For those of you who hadn't heard, City Beads had it's first book signing this weekend.  Being the perfectionist I am (although if you saw my house right now, you wouldn't believe it) I approached the event with great trepidation.  Would anyone show up?  Would I have enough books?  What should I serve?  Would the weather cooperate?

There was a steady flow of customers all day long, and Beading Across America was well received.  Everyone was delighted to have both NanC Meinhardt and Paulette Baron available to sign their book.  There was plenty of food, and the weather cooperated until about 5 p.m. Chicago time, when the rain began to fall.  All in all, the day was a great success.

My thanks to everyone for a wonderful event!  To the many old time beading buddies, thank you for traveling long distances to share in the celebration.  To all the newcomers, it was a treat to meet you and I hope to see you again soon.

And now, off to bed.  The work week starts again tomorrow, but it will be a short one.  I'm treating myself to a weekend in San Francisco at Beading By the Bay, where I'm sure much fun will be had.  Until the next post, Happy Beading!

1 comment: