Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Changing Seasons

One of the things I love about living in Chicago is being able to experience the change of seasons.  In a mere ten weeks, Chicago goes from this . . .




and this . . .



to this . . .



and this . . .



I've noticed that as I anticipate the changing seasons, the color palette of my beadwork changes.  By September, I'm ready to use bronze, olive, rust and dark teal beads.  Come November and December, I find myself using black, steel and silver colors.  And in February, I'm ready for the primary colors often found in spring (with winter in Chicago, spring can never come too quickly!)  Are your bead color choices influenced by the changing seasons?

1 comment:

  1. I know! I'm the same. I love summer, wish it was warm year round. But then the leaves start changing to beautiful shades of crimson and I find myself using more burgundy's, grays and jewel tones. I guess it helps buffer the change to cold, dark weather.

    ReplyDelete